We are sure that you all know that the government has said that we can re-open the building for full activities from July 4 onwards.
Although, in our case, we feel that this will not be possible for some time.
We have viewed the government guidance documents and the Church of England document setting out requirements for re-opening.
Should we go ahead at this time, we know that this will require some considerable work to be carried out.
There are other considerations that we must consider in our complex building. We are unable to access the main floors without going up stairs which requires us to constantly hold hand rails, and our hand washing facilities on the main floor levels are inadequate in the current circumstances, without going down to the bottom floor.
Also, many of our members must take higher levels of shielding.
We think that this will mean that we do not foresee the required work being completed until at least August, when shielding requirements are possibly going to be reduced.
We will reconsider the situation at the beginning of August.
We will have a LiNC meeting to sort out the requirements and the work that will be needed to make the building safe.
We will keep you informed of what needs to be done and the time-frame involved.
Roger and Stan
Liverpool International Nordic Community and Gustaf Adolf Nordic Congregation