Addition for the website: If you post us a comment on this website, we will delete the comment and our answer after one month to comply with our data protection rules.
LiNC COMPANY DATA PRIVACY RULES NOTICE
Liverpool International Nordic Community Charity Company (LiNC)
This document is also applicable to the Gustaf Adolf Nordic Congregation Company (GANC)
LiNC has been appointed by GANC to administer data protection rules for them.
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the infor-mation alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The LiNC Company is the Charity that runs the Gustaf Adolf Church Building and Activities in the building. The LiNC Company is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. The data is only stored on two personal computers belonging to the Data Users – the LiNC Company Secretary and the LiNC Company Treasurer. Data is being transmitted between the users by personal email accounts. LiNC and GANC keep separate files of personal data of their members.
If there is any data breach on these computers, the Information Commissioners office will be informed within 24 hours. Also, you will also be informed of this occurrence within 72 hours.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The LiNC Company complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
• To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public as specified in our constitution;
• To administer membership records;
• To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
• To manage our volunteers;
• To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
• To inform you of news, events, activities and services being run by LiNC.
• LiNC will NOT disclose any personal data to any other body or organisation, unless required to do so, by law.
• If the above is required, you will be informed that the data has been requested and why.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and ser-vices and process your gift aid donations and keep you informed about our events.
• Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under company law.
• Processing is carried out by our not-for-profit body with a cultural, philosophical, or religious aim provided: –
o the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
o there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of LiNC or GANC to carry out a service with other members or for purposes connected with the activities.
We will not share your data with third parties outside of the charity without your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the GDPR guide
Specifically, we retain gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate. The GANC company will keep parish registers (baptisms, marriages) permanently.
Your personal record data will be kept on file for 15 months following the year that you last payed for membership. This is because you may just have forgotten that the membership is due, and you make your member-ship payment late.
Any e-mails you have sent to the company will be deleted at the same time.
Company Directors’ e-mails will be kept for 8 years, because they may relate to important decisions taken by the Boards regarding the running of the Companies.
If you are NOT a member of LiNC or GANC but have given us your contact details like email addresses or postal ad-dresses in order to be informed about activities, we need to have your full details and your agreement in order to comply with the new regulations.
If you ask a question on our website, we will reply as soon as possible and then delete your post after 14 days. There is no need to supply any personal details.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which LiNC holds about you;
• The right to request that LiNC corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the LiNC Company to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and if re-quired, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability, where applicable)
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to re-quest a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the
LiNC Company Data Protection Officer Mr Jeff Cotton, LPC MA BAR BA (Hons), on 07522 192244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Liverpool international Nordic Community Charity Limited
Registered Company Number 8351592 Registered Charity Number 1152041
Gustaf Adolf Nordic Congregation Limited
Registered Company Number 7034654 Registered Offices Gustaf Adolfs Kyrka, 138 Park Lane, Liverpool, L1 8HG